August 20, 2009

New School, New Job - Whew!!

I have neglected my blog the last couple of weeks for good reasons - we have been busy (and John has been out of town)! Henry started a new school a couple of weeks ago and I am so relieved to say that he really likes it. I was a bit apprehensive about it because he enjoyed his last school in Heidelberg so much and requested to go back there on several occasions, but he made friends the first day at his new school and hasn't looked back. Bea also started at a babysitter a couple of days a week. Henry used to go to her last year and she was anxious to have Bea with her. Like Henry, Bea is is also very happy with her new surroundings. Finally, I started a new job this week. I am working two and a half days a week in a rheumatology office. Honestly, I was extremely nervous before I started, but now that I have a couple of days in, it already feels like home. So, I think everyone is where they need to be and we can finally take a deep breath and relax for a while!

Henry on his first day of school.

We have managed to fit in a little fun. Carolyn, our niece, visited last week and we enjoyed doing several things with her. She and I saw a movie, got a pedicure, painted at a local pottery store, went shopping with Nana, and had a cookout and campfire at Papa's place on the river. There was also a little carnival in town, so we enjoyed a few rides and games as well. Henry was really disappointed when she went home, as were we.

Henry walking Booker.





As for our Beatrice, she will be 5 months next week!! Her little personality is so sweet and she could not be any more beautiful!!





Henry at the river

No comments:

Post a Comment